Welcome to my Blog! :)





Welcome to my blog!!!


This blog was created so that all of you; my dear friends and family, would be able to follow my abroad adventures...
I was on International Exchange in Wales, UK from Sept. 20, 2010-June 10th, 2011. I also spent an amazing 3 months on International Internship in Tortuguero-Costa Rica, working with COTERC for the Conservation and Monitoring of Marine Turtles
from June 14th-Sept 14th, 2011...


Here are the stories...enjoy :)


Friday, April 29, 2011


My house in Wales...

First the most important thing...my housemates :) This was the 1st time in my life that I lived with the landlords. Lucky for me, the people with whom I have shared thus far, 7 months with, have made my stay really great, and I really thank them for that. Unlike many younger students would feel, I actually think I'm lucky to have shared the house with the landlords. Kam and Linda are great people; very respectful, clean, friendly, helpful and know how to live a peaceful, stress-free life. They are really a great couple and I have learned a lot from them just by sharing and living together. Linda is a great cook. She takes different recipies everyday from the internet and cookbooks and tries all sorts of things.  I would have loved to take more time to watch her in action, but I guess I didn't try hard enough...I should have though. Well...I know that I will take her example and do the same in the future. I could smell her great chinese cooking from my room everyday when I was studying...yum!!!! I say could, because she's no longer in the house as of this month. Linda is expecting a baby girl, who will be named "Liger", but I will unfortunately not get to meet her, because Linda left to give birth to her in Taiwan, next to her family.

Linda always waited for Kam to come home from work so they could eat together at the table. Everyday, their table looked like a buffet, and they spent this time together eating quietly and really enjoying the food. Food is very important to Kam, he once told me. He really likes to take his time eating and enjoying the moment at the table after a long day at work. Kam works at the University, in the Computers and Technology department. Everytime I have had trouble with my laptop, it's been Kam who cames to the rescue! Also, if I got a flat tire on my bike...Kam again. He really knows about handywork and takes care of everything around the house. He made his own rainwater system in order to save, he separates the recyclables in different containers and does the gardening with Linda. They plant apples, strawberries, green onions, and many other goodies right in their backyard!!
Kam and Linda are a great example or what a happy, peaceful marriage is. Most of all, they are friends. I trully believe they will always be happy together, especially now with their newcomer, baby Liger.

 I also share the house with 2 other housemates, Marcelle, a 30 year old girl from India, and Kosta, a 22 year old guy from Latvia. They both attend Swansea University, which is where I've been attending for this International Exchange. Marcelle is a Phd student of Psychology, so she's been very busy most of the time with lots of work to do, but whenever she had time off and we were able to go out or just talk for a bit, I could see she's a great person, also of a peaceful nature and a very good character. Marcelle has also tried to be my matchmaker a couple of times :), but unfortunately hahaha love works in mysterious ways and it is hard to find a good match. Don't worry Marcelle, he is out there! :D

Kosta...my other housemate, is a first year undergraduate student of Economics. He's the 1st first year university student that I have met with such motivation for work!. He always tries his best to be better. Kosta is a very smart guy, 22 years old, with a great future ahead of him. He has goals for himself, cooks for himself, has an exercise routine, so he always keeps healthy either jogging or swimming, does not smoke, and only drinks very occassionally. Kosta and I spent many nice moments together and with other friends. We went for walks on the beach, to play pool, to music concerts and maybe one or two pub nights out. We also had relaxing movie nights at home when we just wanted a calm moment after study. He has a great personality, he's funny and very sweet. I will miss him a lot when he leaves. His last day in the house will be on May 31st, then mine will be on June 10th.

So.... Back to the house...as you can see, the people living in it have been amazing. The other great thing about it has been the location. A fifteen minute walk to the city centre to one side, a fifteen minute walk to the University to the other side, and only a 3minute walk to the beach!!! Amazing I know....although the beach is too cold for me to go in, I should try it out before i leave :S... I will miss this so much :( but there is still plenty more to come my way...

The beach at 3min. walk







The Townhouse


Entrance



Living Room


Kitchen



Dinning Room/ Solarium



Backyard



My room






No comments:

Post a Comment